Thursday 26 May 2011

Tai Hwa Bak Chor Mee

This bak chor mee is situated right behind my primary school which has since relocated. But despite the fact that I've graduated from primary school more than a decade ago, I still come back here frequently for my favourite tai hwa bak chor mee.


The thing that keeps me coming back time and again is the fresh pork which they use. I'm super particular about pork and I loathe that distinctive porky taste that comes with pork that has been residing inside the freezer for too long. Other than the fresh pork, the soup at Tai Hwa is full of flavour and has a lot of "body" which makes it really addictive after awhile. The noodles are super springy and as I like my noodles sour, I always ask for more vinegar and the uncle is always  generous with it.


The queue can get quite long during lunch hours and when I reached at 11 am on a Sunday, the queue was already snaking past the coffee shop beside Tai Hwa. So come either earlier or later, or be prepared to queue. Parking is convenient though as the carpark is just right beside Tai Hwa.

 Blk 466 Crawford Lane, #01-12 Tai Hwa Eating House, Singapore



No comments :

Post a Comment