Thursday 26 May 2011

Togi Korean Restaurant, Mosque Street

Since I'm on a blogging high, I might as well share more foodie goodie! Togi is one of the few restaurants that I go back to religiously every month. Yes, I kid you not. I head down to Chinatown just for Togi at least once every month. I've tried practically everything there is to try on the menu and while I love almost all of them, the following two are my personal favourites.





The top picture is the Spicy Silken Tofu Seafood Soup. I absolutely love to order this with a bowl of rice and simply scoop the soup into my rice. The second picture is the Barbecued Pork Belly. Even though there are obvious lumps of fat, it never taste too oily and when you wrap it within the lettuce, the pork simply melts in your mouth!

(Update: the third picture shows the fixed grill which Togi now uses instead of the portable grill you see in the second picture. Personally I prefer the fixed grill as it reduces the hassle to shift the portable grill around each time someone orders a grilled dish.)

I've also tried their Seafood Steamboat which is pretty good if you have a group of friends to share with. Their Ginseng Chicken Soup is also fantastic and if you love the soup, remember, you can always ask them for a refill. Their ramen and bibimbap is tasty but not absolutely terrific. So stick with the few recommendations above!

Parking in that area is a nightmare and it is mostly parallel parking lots so if you aren't exactly an expert in parallel parking, park either opposite at People's Park or further down nearer to the Chinatown Market and walk over. If you are coming via public transport, you can take the Northeast Line to Chinatown and exit from Exit A. Walk out, after Bee Cheng Hiang and a string of Chinese restaurants with aggressive touting, you will reach a zebra crossing and turn right here. Walk down and you will see Togi on your right.

Furthermore, the crowd can get quite huge around dinner time especially over the weekend and as far as I know, they don't take reservations so be prepared to wait. But oh well, good food is worth waiting for!


11 Mosque Street

No comments :

Post a Comment