Saturday 3 March 2012

Chikuwa Tei

I came here for my early Valentine's day dinner and boy was I glad that I made a reservation in advance! The place was crowded and almost every table was occupied. We were ushered into a small table for two and went about excitedly placing our orders.

Our salmon sashimi was served first and it was $10 for 5 pieces. The sashimi was very fresh and I liked the wakame that came with it. Thoroughly enjoyed the sweetness of the fresh salmon sashimi.



I ordered the cod fish claypot set which was $24. The slices of cod fish were very fresh as well and the soup was clear and refreshing. The portion was massive and I had a very hearty meal. If you do not have a large appetite, you can consider sharing the claypot with your friend!


The location of chikuwa tei is my only grouse. It is not exactly a convenient location and the nearest mrt station (Clarke quay) was a considerable distance away. We drove there for our dinner and had to wait a while before getting a lot along the street in front of chikuwa tei. Oh yes, the parking lots situated in front of chikuwa tei are all parallel parking lots so if your parallel parking skills aren't exactly perfect, you should park at UE square or robertson quay and walk over!:D

9 Mohamed Sultan Road #01-01

No comments :

Post a Comment