Saturday 3 March 2012

Wasabi Tei

So long before I visited Chikuwa Tei, I've been an ardent fan of Wasabi Tei at Far East Plaza. I liked that it's yummy, affordable and fuss-free. The salmon sashimi slices were always thick, juicy and extremely fresh! That's 10 slices for us and we were oh-so-contented after the meal we were practically oozing happiness.



My visits to Wasabi Tei were always on Saturdays and I make it a point to get in during the first seating when they open at 530pm. As the restaurant is a small tiny unit with only 16 seats, the queue outside always get incredibly long after 6pm or so. It's quite an experience to watch everybody sitting around the counter and eating together in a small cozy environment with the radio playing in the background. Don't visit this place if you mind the occasional squeeze. I'm pretty fine with shifting around to allow others to enter or leave since this is truly part of the charm of this place.

I like their grill dishes as well especially their grilled chicken and grilled salmon sets. I usually alternate between these two sets when I visit and the sets come with an appetizer at the start. I can't quite figure out what the appetizer is but it tastes great! There are bits of chicken, wakame and beancurd skin braised in a dark sauce.



I've also taken a fancy for their Cod Fish Pot recently. The soup is sweet and light with a very generous serving of vegetables, tofu and cod fish slices inside. The cod fish slices are fresh and very juicy. Dip them into the bowl of chili and shoyu provided and it is really a delight to have!


Every seat at Wasabi Tei costs $2 which includes a drink and you would have to order something else for each seat that you occupy. That means you cant have two people sharing just one item and occupying 2 seats which makes sense since there are only 16 seats inside.

All in all, it's a very different dining experience with great food!

Far east plaza #05-70

No comments :

Post a Comment