Friday 17 August 2012

Ah Loy Thai

I've been to Ah Loy Thai a lot of times with my friends because the food there is good and reasonably priced. To me, that is an awesome combination that few restaurants can achieve thus the long queue and squeezy sitting arrangement are all but a small price to pay.

Yesterday I brought my family here after work! We ordered a lot for 4 people but somehow I only managed to take a picture when 3 of the dishes were served and then I was so engrossed in the food, I forgot about everything else!

We ordered Fried Sweet Potato Leaves (Spicy) which on first sight did not look like it was fried with chilli at all. But you can definitely taste the chilli the minute you bite into those crunchy leaves. Fried Calamari with butter was next. I liked the tangy butter sauce drizzled on the fried calamari as it not only lends flavour to the dish but makes it not so dry. Of course we did the usual Tom Yam Seafood Soup which was terrific. I love the red kind of tom yam seafood. I popped by another Thai Restaurant previously and they served the white kind which somehow just didn't feel as satisfying. The Tom Yam Seafood Soup had its fair share of seafood, just enough for its price. 


The other dishes not shown in the picture because of my gluttony are Thai Fried Tofu and Thai Lemon Grass Steam Fish. The Thai Fried Tofu is normal but the Thai Lemon Grass Steam Fish was the bomb! I have a weird pet peeve in which I do not eat fish when I can see the head, the tail and the set of bones. I prefer fish slices and fillets. But the Lemon Grass Steam Fish here was so fresh and it was steamed in this lemon grass soup which was so fragrant, I cannot stop eating more. The lemon grass soup was light and tangy, very refreshing and there is a generous serving of vermicelli inside the dish. There's also the Pandan Chicken which was really juicy and well marinated. I love how the chunk of chicken has little bit of fats within to make it so much more chewy. 

After so many times here, I just found out that you could actually make reservations! Oh man, silly me. The reservation number is on the menu below and take your time to check out the menu too. Its an easy, fuss free menu with no pictures but so far the dishes always come out looking like what I had in mind!;)


The nearest MRT station to Ah Loy Thai is Bugis MRT. After alighting, walk through Bugis Junction and exit near the pet shop. Cross the road and walk further down and you would see Shaw Towers. If you are walking from that direction, simply enter through the doors beside the car park entrance of Shaw Towers and walk straight in. Ah Loy Thai is on your right.

For reservation: 91651543/93297599
100 Beach Road #01-39/40 Shaw Tower

100 Beach Road, #01-39/40 Shaw Tower,Singapore


No comments :

Post a Comment