Saturday 29 September 2012

4Fingers

Absolutely yummy fried chicken! Completely blown away by the fried chicken because they were just so very tasty. This is my first time trying 4Fingers' chicken even though I've gone past the outlet at Ion's basement so many times before. When my colleague suggested ordering 4Fingers for lunch in the office, I was all for the idea of trying something new. And boy, was I glad we did!

Delivery is free of charge although they only deliver to certain areas around town. We half-expected delivery to be along the lines of Pizza Hut or Macs delivery whereby the deliveryman would arrive in a motorcycle with our food packed inside the back of the bike. I was mildly surprised to learn that the deliveryman actually had to take MRT from Ion to City Hall and walk all the way to our office under the hot afternoon sun carrying all our food by hand. Admirable. It's tough to get good staff, so do treasure yours 4Fingers!

I ordered the Chicken Rice Box (Soy Garlic). The fried chicken comes in two flavours, soy garlic and spicy. I personally prefer the soy garlic fried chicken as the spicy ones were a little too hot for me. The fried chicken was crispy outside and tender within and the soy garlic sauce was delicious. The rice was a little mushy though, since it was packed inside the takeaway box for awhile before reaching us. Perfectly understandable so I had no problems with that. The coleslaw tasted a bit like kimchi and was very unique! I loved the taste of this kimchi coleslaw even though I'm hardly a fan of coleslaw.



According to my colleague, the fried chicken taste better when you have it delivered to you as the time taken for the food to travel to you allows the sauce to be completely absorbed into the chicken. I personally have not tried the fried chicken at the store before so I would attempt to prove this hypothesis when I finally do get around to having my meal at the 4Fingers store at Ion. 


No comments :

Post a Comment