Sunday 23 September 2012

BK Eating House

My office is really well-situated with so many yummy food options around if you are willing to brave the harmful UV rays and walk! Not a problem for me since I equip myself with heels that are fat and comfy and I always love a walk. 

BK Eating House is along Circular Road, right by the main road and it is always super crowded during lunch. I came by one afternoon and managed to snag a seat quickly enough before ordering a bowl of Bak Chor Mee Sua Dry. I had to wait about 30 minutes though and was starting to get really worried that my order had somehow disappeared in the crowd when the bowl was finally served.

The dry mee sua was a bit too soggy for my liking, lacking the chewy texture that dry mee sua is supposed to have. The combination of chili, vinegar and minced pork was good though and very tasty. I would not recommend drinking the soup because it was full of MSG and hardly any flavour of pork bone within. 


The bak chor mee sua at BK Eating House pales in comparison to Tai Hwa Bak Chor Mee but it still makes a good hearty lunch during work. I was quite thankful that I ate fast and was done with my bowl in about 15 minutes so I was back to the office in good time ;)

To get to BK Eating House, you can take a bus from City Hall and alight two stops later and walk back. Or you can simply take a nice stroll from City Hall, cross the bridge to Boat Quay and continue walking down to Circular Road. The walk should not take you more than 15 minutes. 


 

No comments :

Post a Comment