Saturday 1 September 2012

Cycling at Pasir Ris and Gallop Stable

These two weeks I've decided that I needed some outdoor fun and the cooling weather is more suitable for my eczema too so I've opted out of gymming and chose to go cycling in the morning instead. Waking up at 7am on a weekend was terribly hard and it took so much discipline to get myself up and going, but when I finally reached Pasir Ris Park, I did not regret the choice.

Cycling along the beach with wind in my face, fresh air filling my lungs, it's a good way to exercise and to relax after a week at work. Pasir Ris Park is definitely way less crowded than East Coast Park (where I was rudely scolded by a Caucasian because he was riding parallel with his friend who was in my way and I swerved to give way. So much for kindness. Obviously I should have just continued riding since I had the right of way and wait for his friend to collide into me). It's also smaller though so you cannot cycle for a long stretch at a time and can only go in circles around the park. 

While cycling around car park C, i spotted Gallop Stable with their horses and ponies. You can have riding lessons there too, though frankly, the small ring did not seem all that fun to ride in. But still, I'm sure it would have been an experience for us city kids who have lived our lives in automobiles. 




No comments :

Post a Comment