Saturday 1 September 2012

Ju Shin Jung Express

I've blogged about Ju Shin Jung East Coast here and I was suitably impressed by the food. So it was with great expectations that I approached Ju Shin Jung's first express counter at Katong 112's Food Republic. Set in the food court of the spanking new Katong 112, Ju Shin Jung Express turned out to be one of the best food court korean food I have ever tasted.

I've tried both their Tofu Soup Set and Kimchi Soup Set. Both sets come with small plates of well-marinated kimchi and ikan bilis. They are very generous with their side dishes unlike the usual korean food you have in food courts whereby the the side dishes are a pitiful portion. You also have a choice between white rice and brown rice to go with your soup.

Of the two soup sets, I would say the better choice is the Tofu Soup Set. The soup is sweet and light, not too spicy, and there is a comfortable serving of tofu and seafood inside the soup. I had it with white rice and it was a nice satisfying meal.


The next time I visited Ju Shin Jung Express, I ordered the Kimchi Soup Set with brown rice. The Kimchi Soup was too heavy for my liking. The soup was so thick that it had a strange bitter aftertaste. There was also more kimchi than pork and my soup was filled to the brim with many pieces of kimchi.



At $6.80, both soup sets and the generous servings of side dishes are value for money. Certainly not the cheapest korean food found in food courts, but for the quality of the Tofu Soup Set, I think it's money well spent. 

Food Republic
#04-01 112 Katong 
112 East Coast Road


No comments :

Post a Comment