Friday 19 April 2013

Cajun Kings and Wimbly Lu

This whole week has been particularly queer; I've been going to sleep really late but somehow I just drift awake before 6am when the sky is still dark. I proceed to toss and turn for like another hour trying to catch some much-needed rest but I simply just cannot. This is bad, I don't think I'm sufficiently recharged everyday for the past week.

Anyway so I finally got to try Cajun Kings! I've been wanting to try it for ages but it's really so out of the way and other than having dinner and drinks, there really isn't any other activity in the area. Am actually really happy that I finally got to try it (much thanks!). Despite the inconvenient location, Cajun Kings was really crowded and I was thankful we made a reservation. 

I wished I had taken a picture of the interior design of the restaurant and the shopfront, but it sort of just slipped my mind. I was just too... hungry. The place has a rustic feel to it - wooden paneling, wooden tables and chairs, large mahjong paper spread out over every table. 

The menu was pretty simple and we ordered Bamboo Clams, Pork Belly Cracking and baguette.


The first thing I noticed was, where is the cutlery? But I quickly realised that we were supposed to eat with our hands. That was the first thing that made me want to swallow a laugh, especially when I decided that it wasn't really necessary to wash my hands before I dig in. HAHA, I know I know, don't judge.

The second thing that made me want to swallow a laugh was when they served the bamboo clams in a plastic bag! My immediate remark was Uh this isn't going to look too good in pictures. The baguette dipped in the sauce with the bamboo clams was amazing. We took Level 2 for the spice level and it was super nice and spicy. The bamboo clams were so fresh, sweet and juicy!


I didn't take a picture of the pork belly crackings because, well, my fingers were all yummy from the bamboo clams and I didn't want to make my way to the back to wash my hands just so I could dig my phone out of my purse and snap a picture. The pork belly crackings were basically like deep fried roasted pork. It was so very tasty, so crispy with bits of fat that melted in my mouth. While I was eating it, I couldn't stop remarking about how unhealthy it is but ahhhhh, maybe its true that food can only be tasty, cheap or healthy.

After our meal at Cajun Kings, I wanted to have friday drinks but I also wanted desserts. So Wimbly Lu was a good option because they serve desserts and beer! 


Was a choice between Rocky Road and chocolate ice cream on waffles. I chose chocolate ice cream on waffle (I cannot remember why), but I kind of regretted my choice after that. Should have taken Rocky Road instead! The chocolate ice cream wasn't mind-blowing but the waffle was good. And oh yes, I still love Little Creatures Pale Ale after all these years.



15-1 Jalan Riang

No comments :

Post a Comment