Thursday 6 June 2013

Skyloft at iFly Sentosa

The boyfriend finished his final exams early this month and in celebration of finally completing four years of undergraduate life, I brought him to Skyloft at Sentosa. We head to Sentosa pretty often because we love the beach and the sea breeze and I have always pointed out Skyloft as we went by. It seems like such an awesome venue for dinner. Perfect view of the sea and a cool night breeze blowing gently in your face. Would love to try it out so that was where we went.

I called Skyloft to make a reservation on the day itself and asked for a seat in the outdoor seating area. However, the sky looked threatening so I was quite wary about asking for a seat without shelter. The good thing about Skyloft is that you could choose to sit outdoor and still have a shelter above your head if you wish. Alternatively, you could sit near the edge without a shelter but enjoy the wonderful view of the sea. I chose the former in view of the grey clouds in the distance.


We reached just in time for the sunset and as I expected, the view was perfect. I've always felt that the view of the sea from the beaches in Singapore tends to be marred by the large number of ships that dot the waters as compared to the vast expanse of blue waters that you see from beaches elsewhere. But still, I really liked the sunset that day and it made me just want to take a couple of deep breaths, stay there, and never move away.


I ordered a King Prawn Linguine whilst the boyfriend ordered In Cod We Trust. We eventually decided to share both dishes even though I definitely took a bigger portion since the boyfriend is allergic to prawns and refused to run the risk that day. 

The King Prawn Linguine was all right. For someone who loves her pasta done aglio olio style, I have to say that the linguine here was definitely too oily. The prawns were not very fresh either and the only saving grace of the dish was the al dente linguine. 


In Cod We Trust was average. The cod fish was not very tasty and tasted kind of bland. It was not very fresh either as the sweetness of fresh fish was definitely lacking. The fries were good, but that was hardly anything fascinating since I can get good fries in McDonalds too.


Night fell and it got much cooler outdoors with a steady breeze coming in from the sea. We ordered some drinks and I had a mojito. The mojito was pretty decent so I guess Skyloft might be more appropriate as a drinks place as compared to a place for meals.


Skyloft is a nice place to head to for the nice view, good ambience, and some drinks. But I would strongly advise against having your meals here since the price hardly justifies the quality of food served. They do have a live band at night if I am not wrong but I left for the beach before the band arrived. 

Oh and there are some fireworks from Songs of the Sea at about 8pm!

43 Siloso Beach Walk

No comments :

Post a Comment