Friday 30 August 2013

Canton Paradise, i12 Katong

I visited Canton Paradise at i12 Katong a long awhile ago but I procrastinated blogging about it because it left such a poor memory. Generally, I am more fond of sharing good food and awesome experiences as compared to lousy places and wasted calories.

Canton Paradise is an exemplary example of wasted calories. The restaurant, situated in the basement of i12 Katong, boasts a sleek clean deco with a dark interior and nice plush seats. The only perk is that they serve dim sum for dinner, which is quite a rare thing as most dim sum restaurants stop serving dim sum after lunch. However, I assure you, the only perk ends there. I would definitely try to control my dim sum craving in future and visit either East Ocean or Imperial Treasure over the weekend instead.


The egg tart was hard and cold and it lacked the usual flaky crust that I enjoy. The char siew baked bun was probably the only thing in the entire meal that was passable. The crust was kind of thick but it tasted pretty all right. 


The shrimp dumpling (har gao) had a very thick "skin" and the prawn within was not big and juicy like how good dim sum should be. The fried shrimp roll was very dry and I had the same grouse about the prawn - it was not juicy at all! The cheong fun (rice roll) was average but really, how could you go wrong with rice rolls. I felt that the glutinous rice in lotus leaf and E-Fu noodle were both average.


It was such an average and disappointing meal that I would never think about returning again.

112 East Coast Road

No comments :

Post a Comment