Friday 7 February 2014

Jamie's Italian, Vivocity

Happy Chinese New Year everybody! The best part of Chinese New Year is definitely being able to spend time with your loved ones and feast. Sadly, my flu continued to plague me through Chinese New Year and I had to resist the large array of New Year goodies displayed at my granny’s house. I have a soft spot for Bak Kwa (barbecued pork slices) though and decided that a few slices were worth any unhealthy consequences the next day. I woke up the next day with a raspy voice and a bad sore throat.

Anyway, I had reunion dinner at my granny’s house on the eve of Chinese New Year and had a really enjoyable time with my baby cousin. On Chu Yi (first day of the Chinese New Year), I went on my usual visiting rounds and lazed around my granny’s house for another sleepy afternoon with my baby cousin. Wore the blue woollen miniskirt and carried the nerdy black backpack that I bought at the shopping district around Ewha Women’s University in Korea! Check out my new kicks – purple glittery Vans which were on discount at ABC Mart in Myeongdong, Korea.


On Chu Er (second day of Chinese New Year), I visited the boyfriend’s family where I had a fun time chatting with his family. He came home with me after that and we spent some time at my place before he continued his Chinese New Year visiting. In the evening, we headed over to Vivocity where I decided, against my better sense, to have dinner at Jamie’s Italian.


When Jamie’s Italian opened its doors, I was deterred by the long queues that greeted me each time I attempted to have a meal there. As more foodies tasted Jamie’s Italian and more reviews began streaming into the Internet, I was deterred by the lukewarm reviews that seemed to suggest that I was better off spending my calories and money somewhere else. Still, something about the place (perhaps it is the lack of a queue) caught my attention that Saturday, and I pulled my boyfriend in for dinner.


The place is dimly lit, with nice relaxing music in the background, and a comfortably laid back vibe. The boyfriend commented that it felt like Potato Head in Bali and I completely agree. Jamie’s Italian made me feel like I was no longer in Singapore which was good for a moment.

I ordered the Prawn Linguine while the boyfriend took the Lamp Chop Lollipop. The food was truly mediocre. My Prawn Linguine was done al dente which was good, but the linguine did not absorb the watery tomato sauce and tasted quite bland. The prawns were really small and not fresh. The boyfriend’s Lamp Chop Lollipop was quite tender but nothing much to write home about.




The mediocre standard of the food means that I won't be back anytime soon. Little wonder the queue at Jamie's Italian's door has disappeared. 


#01-165 Vivocity

No comments :

Post a Comment