Thursday 27 February 2014

Oriole Cafe and Bar, Somerset

Met up with a good friend from junior college and we wanted to have brunch in town. I suggested Oriole Cafe and Bar as I had always wanted to have brunch there so we went. Oriole is located at the Pan Pacific Serviced Suites beside 313 Somerset. Exit from Marche at 313 Somerset and you will find Oriole Cafe on your left. I am always a little annoyed with having to queue with an empty stomach for brunch at cafes. There was no need to queue at Oriole Cafe which suited me just fine. It was relatively empty when we reached and we were seated at a table near the door.

The breakfast menu was limited but there was the usual smoked salmon and English breakfast. I chose the Hot Smoked Salmon ($19) since I was always a fan of smoked salmon. The Hot Smoked Salmon came with oak smoked salmon, poached eggs, spinach, hollandaise sauce and English muffins. Also ordered a orange juice to wash the meal down. 



I liked the poached eggs but that was the only thing I truly fancied in my Hot Smoked Salmon. I was quite surprised that the smoked salmon came as shreds of fully cooked salmon. I expected salmon which was cured and smoked instead of fully cooked salmon. The spinach was really salty which took me by surprise. The greens were fresh but nothing too special.


I will come by Oriole Cafe for brunch again if I want somewhere in town which is less crowded. But I will not visit Oriole Cafe for my smoked salmon fix. There are many other cafes serving better smoked salmon and poached egg. 

#01-01 Pan Pacific Service Suites


No comments :

Post a Comment