Thursday 15 May 2014

Daruma Ramen House, TripleOne Somerset

The boyfriend and I were walking around town one day and we decided to check out TripleOne Somerset. I would usually head straight for Togi at TripleOne but we wanted to try something different that day. It was either Fukuichi for Japanese food or Daruma Ramen House for ramen. The ramen won.



Daruma Ramen House was first set up in Hong Kong and was named one of the Top 5 ramen houses in Hong Kong. They serve ramen in different soup bases namely, shoyu, spicy, and tonkotsu. I am a huge fan of tonkotsu soup bases so that was what both of us chose. 


I had the Japanese Braised Pork Belly while the boyfriend had the Barbecued Pork. We also ordered an additional egg to share. 

The tonkotsu soup base was thick with the strong scent of pork bones. I was initially very excited about the thick fragrant soup base and was happily digging into my bowl of ramen. But the thick chalky soup base became cloyingly sweet towards the end and I had trouble finishing my bowl. The ramen was also reminiscent of Chinese la mian, and not the usual springy japanese ramen. 


The braised pork belly was soft, tender and very well-braised. The barbecued meat was lean and tender. If you are not a fan of marbly fatty meat, I would strongly advise the barbecued meat instead.


The egg was really good though, with a nice runny egg yolk within.



The bowl of ramen was decent, but definitely not fantastic. I doubt I would crave for a bowl of Daruma ramen but you might wish to pop by for a bowl if you are in the area.

#02-15 TripleOne Somerset
62356079
Daily 12:00 pm - 10:00 pm

No comments :

Post a Comment