Thursday 17 July 2014

One Man Coffee, Upper Thomson

Met up with my friends from junior college for a Saturday brunch. It was a dark gloomy Saturday morning and we braved the downpour to reach One Man Coffee along Upper Thomson Road.

I took the MRT to Marymount which was about 5 minutes away from One Man Coffee. Take exit A from Marymount MRT, cross the road from SPC petrol kiosk, and continue walking along Upper Thomson Road. You will reach a row of shop houses filled with cafes, restaurants, spas, and random little shops. One Man Coffee shares the shop space with Crust Gourmet Pizza Bar and it might be hard to locate the cafe. Look out for a row of chairs that spells "Coffee" in front of the cafe.

We sat outside to enjoy the cool breeze after the rain and studied the menu happily. The all day brunch menu was simple with only seven items but I was assured that all the items were delicious. Prices were also very reasonable as compared to the usual cafes around town. 


I ordered a latte ($4.50) because I wanted something warm in my belly. I'm not much of a coffee person but this was not bad.


Eu recommended the Gashouse Egg with Bacon Jam ($10). I decided to go with that and butter mushrooms ($2). It was incredible! A layer of eggs and melted cheese sat on a thick slice of toast, the bacon jam was sweet and tasty, and the butter mushrooms were juicy and delicious. I would definitely recommend this to my friends.


We headed over to Salted Caramel for some ice cream after brunch. The Horlicks Tim Tam was yummy! I love such exotic flavours in small little ice cream stores tucked away in random corners. I spy other little eateries in the area which I think I will definitely be back to try.

215R Upper Thomson Road
Opening hours: 9 am to 5 pm
Tel: 64561555

No comments :

Post a Comment