Friday 29 August 2014

Everything with Fries, Holland Village

Date night with the boyfriend a long while back. He picked me up from Civil Service College and we decided to drop by Holland Village for dinner. Weather was perfect on that Friday evening and clouds dotted the clear blue skies like cotton balls against a blue canvas. We strolled around a bit to find something to eat before the crowd gathered. I enjoyed the stroll with a warm breeze against my face and my foot steps getting lighter as we traced the winding path between the shop houses in search of good food. 


We wanted to have Crystal Jade Steamboat Xiao Long Bao buffet but they were full so we left in search of something else. We found Everything with Fries among a cluster of bars and restaurants and decided to go in because the waitress mentioned something about happy hour. It's been a very long while since I last ate at Everything with Fries and I honestly cannot remember how my last visit went. 


We came for the happy hour so that was what we started off with. Nothing says weekend better than a Erdinger each.


We asked for recommendations and the waitress said the Pork Chop and NZ King Salmon were popular items so those were what we went with. We could choose between straight cut fries (fat fries) or shoestring fries (skinny fries). I opted for the straight cut while the boyfriend chose shoestring.

My pork chop was decent, but nothing fantastic. It was not tough but neither was it tender. It just tasted like ordinary grilled pork. I am a great fan of crispy fat fries but was rather disappointed with my fries at Everything with Fries (what an irony). My straight cut fries were a bit limp and way too soft. I would definitely recommend the shoestring fries if you are intending to drop by Everything with Fries. 


My boyfriend's NZ King Salmon was good! The salmon fillet was extremely well-grilled, crispy on the outside yet soft and juicy within. The shoestring fries were also crispy and tasty. I helped myself to my boyfriend's fries because mine were just too sad. 


Nutella Tart. This was a good dessert although I did not taste any Nutella in it. In fact, it tasted very much like a chocolate tart! It was pure happiness to end the meal with a beer in hand and chocolate dripping all over the place.



Holland Village became steadily more crowded as night fell. We left Everything with Fries just as a queue started to form at the door.  


40 Lorong Mambong
64633741
Tue - Thu: 12:00 - 23:00
Fri  - Sat: 12:00 - 01:00
Sun: 12:00 - 23:00

No comments :

Post a Comment