Saturday 14 February 2015

Platypus Lobster Shack

Stef and I talked about trying Platypus Lobster Shack for a long while and we finally did so nearing the end of 2014! It was a low-energy week for me and my internal battery was running low. I suspected I was coming down with something because my throat was getting scratchy and I just could not seem to sleep enough. I woke up everyday that week feeling crappy and generally bored. Amazing, the dinner with Stef cured that. I was still rather down and gloomy during the meal but I felt much better the next morning! I guess laughter is truly the best medicine. 

We had the Crustacean Bowl ($19.90 for Starter-size) which was impressive. Uni creme, buttery lobster, caviar and char-grilled cheddar cheese on rice. The char-grilled cheddar cheese and uni creme made the rice smooth and thick. The buttery lobster chunks were sweet and juicy. A well-executed dish! 


We had the Lemon and Piquant Garlic Lobster Roll ($22.90 for the set with truffle chips and side salad). I have a friend who complained about how Platypus Lobster Shack's lobster roll was not worth the price because they use lobster legs. I have nothing to rant about the lobster meat and I frankly could not tell if the chunks of lobster meat came from the leg or the body. The lobster chunks with diced sweet tomatoes were light and refreshing with a slight hint of lemon. The truffle chips were fragrant with truffle oil. I actually prefer the Crustacean Bowl to the Lobster Roll because the Crustacean Bowl was full of flavour while the Lobster Roll was a little bland. 


We ordered Passion Fruit Sangria ($20). My first time trying white wine sangria with passion fruit nectar and citrus. It was so sweet and yummy! Much lighter than the usual red wine sangria.


Platypus Lobster Shack is conveniently located in China Square, and is within walking distance from Raffles Place and Chinatown. Stef made a reservation for us and I would recommend you do so as well because the restaurant was crowded during dinner.

China Square, Nankin Row
3 Pickering Street
#01-31
64387961
Mon - Thurs: 5:30 pm - 10 pm
Fri and Sat: 5:30 pm - 11pm
Sundays closed


No comments :

Post a Comment