Saturday 22 August 2015

J's Restaurant and Tom's Palette

It was a long day at work and I was running late to meet Stef and W. We wanted to try an eatery on the Entertainer App and eventually picked J's Restaurant for its Latin-American food. Tucked in one of the shop houses along Purvis Street, J's was crowded when we arrived and thankfully Stef managed to secure a table on the second floor. I was late again as usual and was counting my lucky stars that we were meeting at Bugis which was not too far from work!

Poppers ($17) - breaded jalapenos stuffed with mozzarella. I'm not too big a fan of jalapenos since they can be a bit too spicy for me but the Poppers were very interesting with thick mozzarella oozing out.


Chicken Quesadillas ($22). Tortilla stuffed with chicken, tomatoes, cheese, onions and guacamole.


Paella with marinated chicken, salmon and tilapia. This was so different from the usual paella that I was used to. The rice grains were moist and mushy, not the usual crispy grains found and it tasted a little like nasi briyani. 


The food was decent but I guess Latin-American fare was not really my kind of thing. We left J's after we were done with dinner and headed to Tom's Palette for ice cream! I had my favourite salted egg ice cream and Granny's favourite! Tom's Palette is always good and I am so glad that this ice cream parlor is still around after so many years!


J's Restaurant
7 Purvis Street #01-01
12 pm to 2: 30 pm, 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm
68874787

Tom's Palette
100 Beach Road
#01-25 Shaw Tower (opposite Ah Loy's Thai)
Mon-Thurs 12-9.30pm Fri-Sat 12-10pm 
Sunday 1-7pm

No comments :

Post a Comment