Thursday 21 July 2016

Top 1 Hand Made Noodle, Beauty World

Amanda's strong recommendation and totally worth my while trudging here on our spanking new Downtown Line! I tried this ban mian store a long while ago but soon forgot about it because, seriously, Upper Bukit Timah is way too far for me. But things changed with the new Downtown Line and finally I get some accessible public transport to this area. 

Top 1 Hand Made Noodle is located at the hawker centre on the 4th floor of Beauty World Centre. I tried the dry la mian with abalone slices on my first trip. This was super yummy and I love the dark sauce! Even though I know that a crazy amount of unhealthy dark sauce went into the noodles, I dug in happily because it was just so yummy. The la mian was also the right amount of QQ.


Had another opportunity to eat Top 1 again the next week because I had a meeting in the area. This time I had the soup mee hoon kueh with abalone slices and meat balls. I really really like the soup! Their mee hoon kueh was thinly sliced, almost like the kway in kway chap, and could be slurped down easily. Totally unlike the usual thick slabs in ban mian stores. 


So awesome. My first bowl was over lunch on a Saturday afternoon and the queue was quite long. We ordered, paid, took a queue number, and found a table nearby. When our number flashed on the digital board, we went over to pick up our bowls of delicious noodles. My second bowl was over dinner on a dreary weekday evening. The queue was much shorter and I did not have to take a queue number. I ordered, paid, and just stood around until my bowl was ready. Some types of noodles were selling out fast and I was lucky enough to get the second to last bowl of mee hoon kueh! The uncle behind me had to settle for ban mian oops.

#04-44 Beauty World Centre
144 Upper Bukit Timah Road
588177
+6584488450




No comments :

Post a Comment