Sunday 11 December 2016

Menya Takechi, Suntec City

It is not often that I come across a good ramen with chicken broth since the ramen shops generally serve pork bone broth, or shoyu or shio soup bases. Heard about Menya Takechi from a friend and came down with a friend during lunch!

The soup base is lighter than the one at Marutama and there are more ingredients as well. The bowl of ramen comes with two slices of seaweed, a flavoured runny egg and lots of chicken. The chicken in turn comes in different forms: balls, poached or grilled. I really enjoyed the chicken balls and grilled chicken slices!


Heard their tsukemen is really good so I headed back soon enough to try it with Zg. This was my first time trying tsukemen with a chicken broth so I was very excited! The excitement paid off because the chicken broth was good and dipping the noodles into the hot broth then slurping them up was superb. I still like the chicken balls and grilled chicken best.


This is a good ramen shop if you are up for chicken broth. However, since I am an ardent fan of pork bone broth, I would only return to Menya Takechi if I was craving for some good chicken broth.  Menya Takechi is situated in the cluster of Japanese restaurants called Eat at 7 on level 3 of Suntec City near True Fitness gym.

#03-313 Suntec City North Wing
3 Temasek Boulevard
62353386

No comments :

Post a Comment