Friday 3 February 2017

Tempura Kohaku, Suntec City

My current favourite place for tempura! Tempura Kohaku is beside Tokyo Sundubu and Menya Takechi in Suntec City. I find myself returning to this cluster of restaurants often because there is always something yummy to eat here and Suntec City is (thankfully) not as crowded as the other malls on a weekend. 

Be prepared to queue if you want to try Tempura Kohaku. The line at the door can be frightening and a great test of your patience if you arrive during the peak hours. I find that the lunch crowd is generally more manageable than the dinner crowd, and I queued for roughly 20 minutes for my lunch at Tempura Kohaku both times I visited. 

I realised that Tempura Kohaku was open on CNY Day 1 this year (thanks Stef!) so my family and I came down to have our dinner here. So happy because there was no queue at all! Perfect.


Look at the crispy batter! The generous ingredients! The light tempura sauce drizzled on the tendon! Ok, I need to calm down. They are really generous with the ingredients. Each bowl comes with 2 prawns, some vegetables, a mushroom, a crab meat stick, and a large piece of chicken. I loved the chicken. I kind of expected it to be a dry and bland slab of meat so I left it for the last. But omg, I was so pleasantly surprised! The batter was crispy, and the meat was so juicy and tasty within.

They serve only cold green tea which was not a problem for me, although I thought that a cup of hot green tea might have helped after a meal of fried food. 

7 Temasek Boulevard, Suntec Tower One, 038987
63334386
11:30 AM to 4 PM, 5 PM to 10 PM

No comments :

Post a Comment